Entry Deadline is June 1st
All goats are required to have a scrapie tag listed on their entry form and in their ear by fair time. Call 866-873-2824 to order your scrapie tag. Call early so tags arrive on time!
Goats are also required to have market ear tags in by July 1.
NEW for 2013! - All goats must be verified to Superintendents by July 19th!!!!
All goats must go through Vet Check at Gate 3 (Shawnee Road) between 7 am and 1 pm, and then proceed to the Goat Barn. After checking in with your barn superintendent and unloading your animals, your final step is to go to the Entry Office before 2:00 pm.
Your area of the barn is to be kept clean daily. Any exhibitor failing to keep their pen clean will fall under the 3 Strike Rule (see page 16 of fairbook). All pens are to be totally cleaned out before noon on Wednesday.
Clean up Saturday after 11:00 pm is required before you leave the fair grounds with your animals. Please bring a shovel, pitchfork, or broom to help.
What You Need:
- Bedding/Straw/Shavings, you are to provide your own bedding for entry day on Sunday and for the cleaning on Wednesday.
- The exhibitor is to provide feed pans, water buckets, and hay feeders for their goats. No hay nets are permitted. Feed, grain, and hay is to be provided by the exhibitor.
- The exhibitor is to provide their own clips for the pens. Please no binder twine, bungee cords, or ropes.
- A tack box is allowed for the exhibitor to keep their belongings in. Please be considerate in regards to the size of the tack box as there is a limited amount of space in the isles.
- We ask that the exhibitor create signs to hang above their pens. They should include the exhibitor's name and where they are from. You can also have your club name, your age, your goat's name, or whatever you would like. The more creative the better.