From the Exhibitor Handbook:
Cat Department Information
NO 5 YEAR OLD CLASSES IN THIS DEPARTMENT
- You must be between the ages of 5 and 20 years old to show a cat. (as of Jan. 1 of the current year)
- You must gain ownership of cat or kitten by April 1 of current year
- Registration form is due on or before July 1st of the current year
- Must have a current photo of cat with registration form
- Entry day for cats is Sunday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. DO NOT BRING YOUR CAT ON ENTRY DAY! You must bring the veterinarian certificate showing the cat has had all of its proper shots.
- The Cat Show will be held on Monday at 4:00 pm in the Dog/Cat Tent located at the north end of the fairgrounds. For easy access you can enter the fairgrounds using U.S. 31, Gate 2 and park in the Green Parking Lot closest to U.S. 31. Please bring your cat in a cage suitable to contain it. All cats must be on a leash or harness/leash. All cats must go through a vet check which will be held from 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm on Monday before the show in the Dog/Cat Tent. The vet will disqualify a cat if any of the following is found: knots in the hair, ear mites, fleas or lice, or unhealthy general appearance.
- The Cat Show will take approximately 2 hours.
- Cats must be removed from the fairgrounds when the show is over.